unsupported operation using mm.mysql-MysqlDataSource? - done...

unsupported operation using mm.mysql-MysqlDataSource? - done...

Fabian Sommer mysql-de_(at)_lists.bttr.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:15:42 +0200

Hi Mark,

I'm always surprised when you reply to a message concerning mysql and
the jdbc-driver you developed - many thanks for this great job!

Once again, it's been my fault: I included a wrong code-snippet (in fact
some xml-descriptor-code) I found in a jsp-help-list archive. Also, when
I checked your code I recognized that this exception I got could not be
thrown by the db-driver...

> > I got a problem using the mm.mysql-2.0.14-driver resp. the
> > mysql-connector-3.0:
> > I try to access a mysql-database (4.0 but I think this is not
important)
> > using jsp with struts-extension, running on a Tomcat4.1
> > servlet-container.
>
> MySQL Connector/J 3.0.0 is not the same as MM.MySQL-2.0.14...MySQL
> Connector/J 2.0.14 is. It would help if you could tell us _exactly_
> which one you are using.
I tried to use MySQL Connector/J 3.0.0 when I encountered problems using
MM.MySQL-2.0.14 - that's why I mentioned them both.

> [snip]
>
> > But when I try to use DataSource.getConnection(String user, String
> > passwd) method, using correct (or incorrect, doesn't matter) user
entrys
> > all I get is an Exception "Unsupported Operation" which seems to got
> > thrown by the database driver. But how shall I connect using the
> > DataSource object if I can't use a username and password?
>
> The problem is Tomcat's connection pooling (DBCP) doesn't support this
> (see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/api/index.html)...You need
> to either configure the username and password in server.xml or use a
> different connection pool.
>
> 	-Mark
I have configured the driver within a xml-file (struts-config), and it
seems to work well now - looks like it took all properties right.

Thanks a lot, sorry for bothering you all...
Fabian

---
Infos zur Mailingliste, zur Teilnahme und zum An- und Abmelden unter
-->>  http://www.4t2.com/mysql

php::bar PHP Wiki   -   Listenarchive