AW: unsupported operation using mm.mysql-MysqlDataSource?

mysql-de_(at)_lists.bttr.org mysql-de_(at)_lists.bttr.org
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:36:41 +0200

hi fabian,
ich glaub du bist auf der falschen seite ...
die hier ist glaube ich ...wenn ich mich nicht irre (siehe karl may: 'durchs
wilde kurdistan') deutsch
grüße aus dem bullig warmen hessenländle
heinz

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Fabian Sommer [mailto:fasommer_(at)_web.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. August 2002 17:12
An: 'MySQL Java List (E-mail)'; mysql-de_(at)_lists.4t2.com
Betreff: unsupported operation using mm.mysql-MysqlDataSource?

Hello!

I got a problem using the mm.mysql-2.0.14-driver resp. the
mysql-connector-3.0:
I try to access a mysql-database (4.0 but I think this is not important)
using jsp with struts-extension, running on a Tomcat4.1
servlet-container.

I use standard-database-description in an xml-file, providing the url
for the driver and username and password.

I get a DataSource-object (javax.sql.DataSource) and I can use the
DataSource.getConnection() method. But all I get when I use this method
is a SQLException telling me that user "nobody_(at)_127.0.0.1 (using
Password:YES)" is not allowed to access the database. That's alright, I
expected this as this is what I entered in the Grant-tables.

But when I try to use DataSource.getConnection(String user, String
passwd) method, using correct (or incorrect, doesn't matter) user entrys
all I get is an Exception "Unsupported Operation" which seems to got
thrown by the database driver. But how shall I connect using the
DataSource object if I can't use a username and password?

Please tell me if I made something wrong or there is a solution beside
my knowledge (I hope for this...).
Thanks for any help!

Fabian Sommer

---
Infos zur Mailingliste, zur Teilnahme und zum An- und Abmelden unter
-->>  http://www.4t2.com/mysql

---
Infos zur Mailingliste, zur Teilnahme und zum An- und Abmelden unter
-->>  http://www.4t2.com/mysql

php::bar PHP Wiki   -   Listenarchive