[pear] hoping that someone actually cares

Lukas Smith smith at backendmedia.com
Son Feb 2 14:53:55 CET 2003

Hi,

I have committed the first working Oracle driver to CVS.
It can probably still use some tweaking, but the driver now passes all
driver tests, except the manager tests. This test fails because I have
not figured out how to connect as SYS on Oracle 9i through PHP (any
advice would be greatly appreciated).

My current dev setup is Oracle 9i on Gentoo Linux and Apache running on
Win2k (I think Oracle notices the fact that it's a german version and
therefore it uses ',' instead of '.' as the decimal separator).

Also Frank has committed a first version of a Frontbase driver.
Feedback would be appreciated for both.

I hope Frank finds the time to do the MSSQL driver and Lorenzo to do a
Firebird driver. I am hoping that I will have time to write an ODBC
driver this month.

Regards,
Lukas Smith
smith at backendmedia.com