[php] Eure Tips: Perl versus PHP

Eric Beer php_(at)_phpcenter.de
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:07:09 +0100

hallo thomas

> ich m=F6chte gern einen Kunden =FCberzeugen, PHP statt Perl einzusetzen,

vielleicht helfen dir die links weiter. perl selber kenne ich zu wenig um
aussagen zu machen

http://www.zend.com/links/links.php?CID=193
http://php.weblogs.com/php_versus_perl

gefunden:
One of the reasons I prefer PHP over Perl for server-side scripting is
because PHP generally handles errors better - I see informative error
messages instead of "Internal Server Error" in my edit-debug-run cycles. Of
course, you can use CGI::Carp 'fatalsToBrowser' in Perl to get better error
handling, but even with that turned on, I see "Internal Server Error" more
often with Perl than with PHP. Another reason is that there is a standard
(and well-documented) way to do HTML embedding with PHP, while with Perl you
have to choose between Embperl and Mason (and it's still not clear to me
whether Embperl is better or Mason is better - or whether they are equally
good. Also, are there any books that cover Embperl or Mason?).

gruss eric

php::bar PHP Wiki   -   Listenarchive