[php] adabas-odbc

Johann-Peter Hartmann Hartmann_(at)_freecharts.de
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 09:48:01 +0200

Christoph Aigner schrieb:

> Warning: SQL error: [SOFTWARE AG][ODBCLIB A]Memory allocation error., SQL
> state HY001 in SQLAllocStmt in db_odbc.inc on line 66

Aus der englischen Mailingliste PHP-DEV:

8<------------ CUT HERE -----------
Adabas D 11.0 ODBC driver for Linux fails to retrieve any BINARY data.

Symptoms: Each SQLGetData() in functions/unified_odbc.c fails with
"[SOFTWARE AG][ODBCLIB A]Memory allocation error., SQL state HY001 in
SQLGetData"
if the contents of any BINARY column are retrieved.
This happens regardless of any odbc_binmode() settings (of course,
odbc_result_all() and odbc_fetch_into() succeed if odbc_binmode() is
set to ODBC_BINMODE_PASSTHRU).

This applies to odbclib.a of Adabas D 11.0 with file size of 733858 bytes.

As a workaround, I replaced it with the Adabas D 10.0 odbclib.a
which has a file size of 629128 bytes.
This one perfectly works and has no side-effects when applied to the
Adabas 11.0 engine as far as I examined.

I assume this is not a PHP bug, instead it seems to occur due to changed
internal behavior of the Adabas D 11.0 ODBC driver for Linux.

Ich kann mir vorstellen, dass sich die alte odbclib.a z.B. noch in
aelteren SuSE-Distributionen finden laesst. Wenn nicht, bei der SAG.

Gruesse, Johann

php::bar PHP Wiki   -   Listenarchive