dein gcc ist zu "alt".
aus der mysql-doku (zu 3.23.28-gamma 4.7 Installing a MySQL Source Distribution) :
"You need the following tools to build and install MySQL from source:
[...]
A working ANSI C++ compiler. gcc >= 2.8.1, egcs >= 1.0.2, SGI C++,
and SunPro C++ are some of the compilers that are known to work.
libg++ is not needed when using gcc.
gcc 2.7.x has a bug that makes it impossible to compile some perfectly legal C++ files,
such as `sql/sql_base.cc'.
If you only have gcc 2.7.x, you must upgrade your gcc to be able to compile MySQL.
gcc >= 2.95.2 is recommended when compiling MySQL Version 3.23.x.
A good make program. GNU make is always recommended and is sometimes required.
If you have problems, we recommend trying GNU make 3.75 or newer"
hoffe das hilft dir weiter
frohes compilieren und schöne grüße
 friedhelm

---