[php] =?iso-8859-1?q?Web_Interface?=

=?iso-8859-1?q?Dirk_Wiebel?= wiebel_(at)_linguistics.de
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:03:38 +0100

Hello list,
hello Ulrich

>I want (I have to) to write an Web-Admin Interface for an >ISP with PHP3 so a
>customer could add new email user for his domain and so >on (autoresponder,
>forwarding).
>Furthermore I want to give the customer the possibility to >order a new
>domain, FTP-Users and more.
>The problem how do I edit files e.g. the linux /etc-directory ?
>(...)
>because the customer should
>only setup / configure its own email-addresses.

Sorry, didn\'t get it: What are you going to do with your web interface? Changing system files or server configuration? Updating/Inserting into a user database? Sending email to the ISP?
You\'re running a linux system. Are you providing POP3 accounts? Which FTP server do you use? How does your mail forwarding system work?

The description of the system you wanted, as far as I got it, seems to include several different tasks (virtual hosts update, pop3 server update, adding/removing users to the system, adding directories and files, ...) Seems to be a lot of work, because each task has to be configured.

I would prefer to set up one single database table for each customer which stores all the information needed - run a chron task twice a  day or as soon as necessary. I would _never_ allow any php3 script to change my httpd.conf, my user entries or even more...

Nevertheless, if you want to do so: see TFM chapter XVII. filesystem functions.

Sorry that I can\'t offer you any ready-to-go system, but I think you have to go through the tasks one by one. Certainly, some of them are able to be started immediately, but others won\'t be. In this case, your customer should be able to wait a few hours...

If anyone knows the solution in one single script, please correct me, I\'m very much interested in such a system. (Just for personal purposes).

Dirk

php::bar PHP Wiki   -   Listenarchive