[php] Der Stellenwert des PHP-Programmierers global betrachtet

Peter Bieling net2 at media-palette.de
Fre Jun 22 11:05:01 CEST 2007

Hallo Liste,

hier eine interessante Diskussion
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2007/05/25/good-and-bad-php-code/

Ein Zitat:

I've been looking the last couple of weeks for a new PHP dev job in
Melbourne, and I pay particular focus to simple things as mentioned in
this post (among other pet peeves that are overlooked by a lot of PHP
coders). So, I suppose I'm one of the few, with far between. A diamond
in the rough?

The problem I've faced, though, is that employers don't recognise
this---not because they don't care, but simply because they don't know any
better. As a result, I'm out there asking for a certain salary (I have a
degree, and a strong skillset) which often gets responses like 'yes, but
we have (number of people) also available to work for n% less than
that'---where 'n' is often about 20%. I don't think I'm asking for too
much money (in fact, I know I'm not), but while employers aren't
treating 'advanced' developers any better than the rookies, there is
little motivation for people to increase their skillsets.

Viele Grüße

Peter

php::bar PHP Wiki   -   Listenarchive