[php] How to sort data records in a table by their fields?

[php] How to sort data records in a table by their fields?

Werner Stuerenburg php_(at)_phpcenter.de
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 22:59:41 +0200

> I have a table in html with the following fields: ‚name' ‚price' ‚first
> contact'. This table is a result of a mysql database query (over a
> php-script). This table in html has a lot of data records. Now I want to
> sort/ classify this data records by their name or price or first contact. I
> know that there exist a solution with the javascript language, there is a
> sort-button where you can choose between the different classification
> possibilities, ‚name', price or first contact. Anybody knows a solution?

Sort the data before putting them into the table. Where do you
have the data from? I from a db, that is easy: just sort your
query.

--
Herzlich
Werner Stuerenburg

ISIS Verlag, Teut 3, D-32683 Barntrup-Alverdissen
Tel 0(049) 5224-997 407 · Fax 0(049) 5224-997 409
http://pferdezeitung.de

php::bar PHP Wiki   -   Listenarchive